Monday, January 2, 2012

Tae-Bo party!

I made a new years resolution to start getting in shape.  For real.  I just turned 28 and grannies are flying past me on hikes and I'm out of breath walking up the stairs to our 3rd floor apartment.  I have a huge sweet tooth, and I'm lazy.  Plus, my husband, 17 year old cat, and I are gonna me moving from Europe back to the States (to a beach state) so we really have to start getting our beach bods going!

However, I think I have found something that will help motivate me to start being more active.  And if it can motivate me, I think it could motivate anyone..so I want to share it.  It's Tae-Bo videos!  Did I mention I'm lazy?  What about cheap?  That means there's no way I can get out to a gym to work out.  But I found these videos online, and I've convinced my husband to do them with me in the living room.  I'll admit that having a partner, friend, roommate, sig other definitely helps you to keep the workouts going day to day...but really, you can't get much easier and convenient than this.

-I found about 15 or maybe more levels online..and the first 3 or 4 are only about 20 minutes long (half of which is just talking) so they are perfect for people who are total beginners and really REALLY out of shape (me).  Having so many different levels also keeps you from getting bored doing the same thing all the time.
-You don't have to leave your house!
-It's free!
-Watching and listening to Billy Blanks show off his abs and brag about his fitness at 52 years old is so entertaining, you will forget you are even working out.

To all my fellow lazy and out of shape bloggers out there, try these videos! At least a couple of times...and see if they work for you.  Walking up the stairs and hearing my heart racing, I wonder if I will even live to be a granny- but watching Billy gives me hope that I too can be old and kicking ass!


No comments:

Post a Comment