Monday, January 2, 2012

Green smoothies

image of green smoothie


Luckily for me, my husband works at a vegan shop, which means I get lots of free and discounted vegan foods! My favorite, by far, is going in and getting a green smoothie (which I did today as well).  Our kitchen at home is pretty pathetic...we don't really have many tools to helps us make all the foods we could be making.  If you can believe it, we only have one pot.  How we've managed to go for this long with only one pot, or why we have gone this long with only one pot are questions I'm not sure I can answer O_o  But, we also don't have such luxuries as blenders.  This I can say is because unfortunately, since we are planning on moving to another country this year, we really can't buy extra stuff.  So, no smoothies at home..for now, smoothies at the shop will have to do! (We dream of the day we have our new kitchen and a nice shiny blender, rice cooker, and loads of other awesome kitchen stuff.  Netflix too.  And Whole Foods).  

Ok, so back to the point.  Green smoothies...are...AWESOME.  I am a lazy eater.  I eat junk and fast food whenever possible.  Very little greens.  I hate eating salads too.  So, the green smoothie is a life saver.  And it's sooo easy to make.  And.. I swear, I crave these things.  I feel better after drinking them, physically and mentally.  They just make me happy.  We usually just throw in spinach and whatever fruits are lying around (apple, kiwi, pineapple, banana) into the blender, along with a bit of water, and bam: delicious, healthy heaven in a cup.  It's that simple.  Here's some health info I found on incrediblesmoothies.com:


-Natural weight loss
-Increased consumption of fruits and veggies (particularly greens)
-Easier digestibility and nutrient assimilation
-Antioxidants
-Increased energy
-Mental clarity and focus
-Increased fiber intake
-Clearer skin
-Reduces cravings
-Rich with chlorophyll
-Helps maintain proper alkaline balance in body

You can change what you put in your smoothie according to your needs (weight loss, energy, calcium or iron rich, detox, improve digestion, etc).  Just do a little research on the net to find some recipes and start feeling the difference with these amazing drinks!  

No comments:

Post a Comment