Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Board #2: Insomnia Cure

Today was my first day back at work after more than 2 weeks of break.  During the break I was staying up all night and sleeping till 1.  Today I had to get up at my usual 6:15am work time...and last night I was feeling the pressure to make sure I got a good night's sleep.  I went to bed at 11...but sleep was just not happening for me.  I was tossing and turning, looking at the clock every half hour, etc etc.  Basti was so sweet and got the computer so we could watch Fantasia in bed, in hopes that this would help me.  Still nothing.  Basically the last time I remember looking at the clock it said 5am.  Next thing I knew my alarm was ringing.

I know how you're supposed to make to-do lists and do something calm before going to sleep so your mind isn't racing with a million thoughts all night.  And how you should do like 45 min of exercise at one point during the day.  But none of that mattered after my 2 week stint of being on "spring break time."  And I was so worried about sleeping, that I just couldn't sleep.

Anyways, it's now 9pm and my eyes are burning and I'm preparing to try to pass out.  I was just googling the things I should have (and very easily could have) done last night to remedy my situation.  I had a perfectly willing-to-help husband who didn't have to work today, and he could have drawn me a lavender bath and made me a cup of chamomile tea to drink while relaxing and listening to Enya, and then given me a lavender oil massage.  Ahhh that sounds like heaven.  Why didn't I think of any of this last night??  I think those things could have definitely helped.  Oh well...I made another board to help me remember this for next time I get the insomnia bug.  Just looking at these images is making me sleepy now...

image of inspiration board lavender chamomile

2 comments:

  1. curling up in a field of lavender never puts me to sleep. just sayin.
    --julie

    ReplyDelete
  2. man i wish my bed was a friggin field of lavender. actually that stuff gives basti a headache..kinda sucks. i couldnt sleep again last night! canceled work today haha. i rule

    ReplyDelete