Monday, January 9, 2012

2012 health challenges

Tomorrow I start my 2012 health challenges.  Not a lot, but I think by keeping it simple I will ensure a greater chance of success hahah.  Who knows, maybe I will add some more down the road.  But for now, here we go: 

-WATER CHALLENGE: drink 2 liters of water every day.  This is extremely hard for me because I am a human camel.  I can and do go whole days without drinking water, simply because I'm lazy, don't think about drinking, don't get thirsty, and because it's just hard to drink that much water.  I can't find the motivation.  I will say that I tried a few times to drink 2 liters of water a day, (and I think each time it lasted about 2 or 3 days) and I always really felt the difference.  My skin felt better-cooler, brighter and more vibrant.  People commented to me that my skin looked like it was glowing.  My whole body just felt better too.  It's rare that I can actually feel a health difference if I make a diet change..so I was excited to experience this..and I know that it really helps.



*for all you smoothie and juice drinkers, just a tip I found online: smoothies should be treated as a food, not a drink, because they contain very little water.  As far as fruit juices go, while their water content is high, they can contain quite a lot of sugar.  So stick to one glass a day (which can also count as one of your five-a-day portions of fruits and veggies). 

-HAND CREAM CHALLENGE: I never saw people using hand cream as much as I did when I moved to Germany.  These people are crazy about it.  It has made me become much more aware of how my own hands look, and how I never take care of my hands.  So, I'm going to challenge myself to use hand cream every day, at least once a day.  I actually have 2 kinds in my house, and barely ever use them.  But I do love them: they are both from Alverde, which is a cheap and all-natural certified vegan line you can buy at DM (which is the local Duane-Reade type drug store here).  



-TAE-BO CHALLENGE: Gonna try stick to doing 1 level of Tae-Bo a week, and doing each level at least 2 times a week with my husband.  I posted a link to the videos we are doing in an old post here.



So that's it!  Not too crazy.  Let's see if I can pull it off...I guess I will make some progress updates too ;) 

No comments:

Post a Comment